Coachella 2015

Last Day • Taken During Martin Solveig

Last Day • Taken During Martin Solveig

After a sleep deprived week of finals, followed a sleep deprived weekend. This was my second year going to Coachella and it was as amazing as the first. The sheer energy created by the amount of people celebrating music was unprecedented.

We drove from LA to Indio at 6:30AM, dropped some friends at their hotel and headed to the campgrounds to meet my cousin and friends from Santa Barbara, we went over the day's schedule and by 1:00 PM we were already inside the festival. It was an endless day with different styles of music, I got to see MK, Alesso, Tame Impala, Hot Natured, Charles Bradley and many other shows I couldn't even dream of catching outside the Music Mecca. 

The second day was a challenge, I was already extremely tired from finals, and the desert heat woke us while sleeping in the car around 7:00 AM. Thankfully I had friends  staying at the Marriot. I'm all about camping and enjoying nature, but the gratitude I felt this weekend for having the best of both worlds was endless. I could share the outdoors with everyone after the festival was over for the day, and the next morning I would head to the hotel, shower, use the swimming pool and nap comfortably before starting again. I saw, Alt J, The weekend, Duke Dumont, Hozier, Chet Faker, and Milky Chance, I was glad to have a day which balanced Rock, Indie and Electronic music so exquisitely. 

The third day came by faster than anyone could foresee, and we ended up getting to the festival at around 4:50, the first show we caught was Martin Solveig, then, Vance Joy, Kaskade, Florence and the Machine (favorite out of the whole weekend), Odesza, and finally Kygo. Everyone we initially showed up to the festival with was lost, and new friends were made, so we tried meeting up before we left said goodbye to whoever we could, the Santa Barbara crew headed back immediately and we spent the night at the hotel, I slept in the patio overlooking the desert's sky feeling physically exhausted but mentally recharged, contemplating the things I want to achieve and do with my life, feeling inspired and ready to take on anything. 

We drove back at 7:00 AM, and as I drove all I could think about was the weekend behind me and going home to Peru for the first time in over 18 months.